Lead Software Engineer (PHP)
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Lead Software Engineer to improve and expand our web-based application, FormAssembly.com.
In this role you will:
- Work on our PHP/JS stack (PHP, NGINX, MySQL, ES6, React).
- Collaborate closely with our Product Managers to streamline development and set the technical direction.
- Lead and mentor other developers, through code reviews, supportive feedback and by involving them in architecture and technical decisions.
- Balance the needs for updating the product vs. addressing technical debt.
Position is full-time, in Bloomington, Indiana or remote.
- You're a genuinely nice person who is great to work with, respectful, and who will put the team and our customers first.
- You're able to lead and mentor other developers.
- You value code quality and maintainability.
- You have experience working remote or with a remote team. You appreciate the benefits and tradeoffs of working remote.
- Expert knowledge of PHP Development and Web Application architecture.
- Experience with secure coding practices (OWASP, etc..)
- Experience with database SQL development, particularly MySQL.
- Unit Testing with PHPUnit, Behat, Jasmine.
- Familiarity with tooling and processes in PHP and JS, such a xdebug, xhprof, composer, npm
We offer a competitive salary in a fully remote position, along with:
- Health benefits (health, dental, vision)
- 401K with 4% company match
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 9 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
- Charitable contribution match
- Budget for professional development
- Company provided Mac laptop