Hello! Interested in a unique opportunity to join a team in a 100% remote company, and help build the next generation of an Enterprise Data Collection platform used by some of the largest and most well known organizations in the world?
We are a team of collaborators that are passionate about providing the very best support to our customers. We are travelers, artists, athletes, animal lovers, optimists and adventurers creating an incredibly strong, fully remote team and providing amazing service, no matter where we are. We’re problem solvers, and continuous learners never afraid of a challenge, and we’re looking to add another amazing member to our Operations Engineering team.
Specifically, we are looking for an Infrastructure-Operations Engineer to help support and improve our environments that provide FormAssembly to our customers. To succeed, you'll need solid Linux skills, as well as experience with AWS and PHP-based application stacks (such as nginx and php-fpm, httpd and mod_php). You must be comfortable investigating any problem and asking for help when needed, and the ability to identify and anticipate potential problems.
What You'll do:
You'll be part of a team responsible for delivering FormAssembly reliably, securely, and with minimal delay. As a member of the team, you would be expected to:
- Collaborate on planning, designing, and deploying technology and resources within the FormAssembly environments leveraging AWS IaaS.
- Maintenance of our FormAssembly infrastructure environments by participating in day-to-day system administration and helping scale our existing services to support our capacity needs.
- Monitor servers and services within FormAssembly, including performance monitoring, reliability monitoring.
- Write, maintain, expand components of our infrastructure, including puppet manifests, shell scripts, and other tooling.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages, including participation in an on-call rotation.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to keep up with trending technologies.
- Work with ISO to maintain compliance and security such as PCI, HIPAA etc.
FormAssembly is a leading Enterprise Data Collection platform, thanks to our impressive roster of customers. We have been recognized in the 2018 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies, and we are a G2 Crowd Winter 2019 Leader. Our mission is to help organizations collect, use, and be good stewards of the personal data entrusted to them.
Here are some links to give you a peek into what it's like to work at FormAssembly:
If you’re a genuinely nice person who is great to work with, respectful, and who will put the team and our customers first, we’d be thrilled to have you apply for this position. FormAssembly is an equal opportunity employer. If you belong to an under-represented group in Tech, you’ll find a welcoming culture that thrives on diversity.
This is a full-time position, open to all locations (working remotely, from home).
- Experience working remote or with a remote team. You should understand and appreciate the benefits and tradeoffs of working remote.
- Experience with AWS technologies including Cloud Formation, RDS, ELB, CDN, Route53, Lambda and others.
- Experience in designing, deploying, and supporting Linux installations.
- Experience with Infrastructure as code
- Experience with Github and working with repos
- Scripting knowledge using Python or shell.
- Experience with nginx and Apache in PHP deployments.
- Experience with no-SQL Databases
- Experience in designing, architecting or adopting deployment and orchestration systems
- Experience with Puppet or Ansible
- Monitoring experience, whether its log monitoring using ELK, Graylog, graph-based monitoring using Graphana, host-resource monitoring using New relic, Datadog.
- Backup management experience, such as using tools AWS CLI, python boto, AWS Lambda
- Experience with new cloud technologies and practices
- Experience with PHP.
FormAssembly is a completely distributed team. We thrive through digital communication, and work to connect numerous times a day. Our culture is unique, read more about it here. Some of our benefits include:
- Health benefits (health, dental, vision) for Team Members based in the United States
- 401(k) with 4% company match
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 9 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
- Charitable contribution match
- Budget for professional development
- Company provided Mac laptop
You'll be joining a talented and fun team, working together to build something great!